Keep Calm. Masks On.
Eyedeals EyeCare has always been diligent with our infection control practices. Because of COVID-19, we have added a number of safety procedures based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health.
Safety procedures for patients:
- Appointments required: In order to maintain a safe environment, appointments are required for all visits to Eyedeals. Walk-in appointments are not accepted during the pandemic.
- Stay home if you are sick: You must wait 14 days to schedule your appointment if you have recently experienced flu like symptoms or you have recently been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19.
- Mask up: A proper fitting mask is required during your appointment. Check out the CDC “Your Guide to Masks” for up to date mask recommendations.
- Maintain a safe distance: To help maintain a safe distance do your best to stay 6 feet from anyone who is not part of your treatment team. Do not bring children, family members or other visitors with you to your appointment.
Safety procedures for doctors and staff:
- Our doctors and staff have all been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Our staff will wear a CDC approved mask and face shields during your visit.
- All testing equipment, countertops and frames will be sanitized before and after your appointment.
Common Symptoms of COVID-19
Appointment Scheduling Guidelines
You should wait 14 days before scheduling your appointment if you have:
- recently experienced flu like symptoms
- recently experienced a new loss of taste or smell
- travelled out of state within the past 10 days
- been in close contact with someone known to have COVID-19
- been to any social or holiday gatherings involving 10 or more people
Schedule Your Appointment
New Patients. If you are new to Eyedeals, your first appointment will be scheduled by phone. This gives you the opportunity to tell us about your eyecare needs, answer any insurance questions and collect some basic information required to schedule your first appointment with us.
Returning Patients. If you are a returning patient to Eyedeals, scheduling can be done by phone or by using our convenient online appointment scheduler.
Our appointment desk is open 10-4 Monday-Friday.
Returning patients can schedule online anytime.
What to expect
When You Call
- We will review the COVID-19 safety procedures including
- Bringing CDC approved mask
- Following social distancing guidelines
- Do not bring children or other visitors to your appointment
- Reschedule your appointment if you have been sick, or if you have had recent contact with someone who is sick.
- Reschedule your appointment if you have traveled outside of Minnesota in the last 10 days or been to any social or holiday gatherings involving 10 or more people.
When You Arrive
- Arrive 15 minutes early and wait in your car
- Call us at 612-822-1090 when you arrive
- A staff member will ask you a series of COVID screening questions.
- If you don’t report any COVID symptoms or recent contact with someone testing positive for COVID we will direct you to our front door.
- Your temperature will be checked with a non-contact forehead thermometer
- Your appointment will begin with a minimum of waiting
During Your Visit
- Our doctors and experienced staff will make every effort to keep you informed and comfortable during your visit.
- You and your care team will stay masked during your appointment
- Frequent and thorough handwashing is our practice
- Care is delivered efficiently while allowing physical distance
- All testing equipment, countertops and frames will be sanitized before and after your appointment
Same Day Appointments
We reserve a certain number of appointments each day for same day, next day and urgent care appointments. Same day appointments must be scheduled in advance by phone or online before noon to secure an appointment later that day.
If your appointment is of an urgent nature or if you need immediate help contact us by phone instead of scheduling online. Our staff will help you determine whether a in person or Tele-Visit appointment with one of our doctors is best for you.
Tele-Visits are phone appointments with one of our doctors and generally last 15-20 minutes. During your appointment you can discuss your symptoms, receive a diagnosis, learn your treatment options and get a prescription. Most major medical and vision plans cover Tele-Visit appointments. Some copays may apply.