Eyedeals EyeCare has always been diligent with our infection control practices. Because of COVID-19, we have added a number of safety procedures based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Board of Optometry.
- Appointments are now required for all visits to Eyedeals.
- You are required to wear a CDC approved mask during your appointment.
- To help maintain social distancing, do not bring children, family members or other visitors with you to your appointment.
You should postpone or reschedule your appointment if you are sick or if you have been exposed to any of the following events within the past 10 days.
- You have or have had a cough, fever or other flu like symptoms.
- You have had contact with someone who has flu like symptoms.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19.
- You have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- You have traveled out of state.
- You have attended a social, holiday or sporting event involving 10 or more people.
Your safety is our top priority. Please contact us if you have any questions about our COVID-19 safety guidelines prior to scheduling your appointment.
Request An Appointment
What to expect
When You Call
- We will review the COVID-19 safety procedures including
- Bringing CDC approved mask
- Following social distancing guidelines
- Do not bring children or other visitors to your appointment
- Reschedule your appointment if you have been sick, or if you have had recent contact with someone who is sick.
- Reschedule your appointment if you have traveled outside of Minnesota in the last 14 days or been to any social or holiday gatherings involving 10 or more people.
When You Arrive
- Arrive 15 minutes early and wait in your car
- Call us at 612-822-1090 when you arrive
- A staff member will ask you a series of COVID screening questions.
- If you don’t report any COVID symptoms or recent contact with someone testing positive for COVID we will direct you to our front door.
- Your temperature will be checked with a non-contact forehead thermometer
- Your appointment will begin with a minimum of waiting
During Your Visit
- Our doctors and experienced staff will make every effort to keep you informed and comfortable during your visit.
- You and your care team will stay masked during your appointment
- Frequent and thorough handwashing is our practice
- Care is delivered efficiently while allowing physical distance
- All testing equipment, countertops and frames will be sanitized before and after your appointment
- Wear a mask with two or more layers. Wearing two single layer masks is an alternative
- Wear your mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Masks should fit snugly against the sides of your face without gaps
- Masks should not contain an exhalation valve or vent as these permit unfiltered air to escape.
- Wearing face shields alone is not recommended
- Gaitor style face coverings should have two layers, or fold it to make two layers
- Find a mask that fits closely over your nose or one that has a nose wire to limit fogging of your glasses
Same Day Appointments
We reserve a certain number of appointments each day for same day, next day and urgent care appointments. Same day appointments must be scheduled in advance by phone or online before noon to secure an appointment later that day.
If your appointment is of an urgent nature or if you need immediate help contact us by phone instead of scheduling online. Our staff will help you determine whether a in person or Tele-Visit appointment with one of our doctors is best for you.
Tele-Visits are phone appointments with one of our doctors and generally last 15-20 minutes. During your appointment you can discuss your symptoms, receive a diagnosis, learn your treatment options and get a prescription. Most major medical and vision plans cover Tele-Visit appointments. Some copays may apply.